Customer Service and Technical Support Specialist
We are an innovative company constantly developing new products and variations of existing products. Change/challenge is common and frequent here, and we thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Gunwerks made long-range hunting what it is today. We produce our own lines of high-end rifles, ammunition, suppressors, optics, and long-range training classes designed to create a complete system enabling hunters to achieve long-range hunting excellence.
We're passionate about hunting, guns, and precision.
Each job at Gunwerks is unique. As an employee, you'll be working in Cody, Wyoming, in a highly dynamic environment following our known successful processes to create the perfect parts of our long-range hunting system for our great customers. You'll join a growing team working toward our goal of helping our customers on their journey to the perfect shot.
If this sounds like the place for you, and you'd like to take your shot, click on Apply Now, upload your resume, and send it!
The Customer Service and Technical Support Specialist is a critical customer-facing role diagnosing and providing solutions to complex customer questions and complaints. This position requires the ability to collaborate with cross functional teams (Sales, Marketing, Production, etc.), so you must be able to relocate to Cody, Wyoming.
You enjoy interfacing with customers, love figuring things out and learning new technology, are an active listener with the ability to convey and share knowledge with customers. Strong firearms and optics knowledge with the ability to function in an ever-changing, high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
This is a salaried position. Because this role requires exceptional knowledge of our products, the salary depends on experience.
Your duties and responsibilities
- Respond promptly to multiple channels of incoming customer inquiries and complaints providing technical assistance and solutions to ensure resolution
- De-escalate and navigate difficult situations
- Follow up with customers as necessary
- In the ERP (Odoo) system, log and keep timely records of customer interactions and file customer and Gunwerks documentation
- Manage high volumes of inbound calls and email traffic
- Inform customers of repair processes and status, as necessary
- Collaborate and work cross functionally
- Adhere to departmental procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Other duties as assigned
Your skills and abilities
- Knowledge of firearms and sports optics
- Exemplary verbal, interpersonal and written communication
- Strong analytical and problem-solving
- Organization and attention to detail
- Time management with the ability to prioritize tasks, escalate as necessary, while meeting deadlines
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and, at times, stressful environment
- Experience with Google Suite and helpdesk software
What We Offer
Competitive Health Benefits
We offer access to health, dental, vision, accident, life, critical care, and short-term disability insurance for all full-time team members to keep you feeling great..
Our favorite benefit, every team member gets access to available Gunwerks products at great discounts. We've also partnered with other companies to provide discounts for our employees.
Once per year, eligible team members can take 100% of unused PTO hours and convert them into pay.
401K with Roth Options
This retirement plan is offered to full-time employees once the time period requirement has been met.
Paid Vacation & Company Holidays
Full-time employees will receive this benefit when they are eligible. We observe ten company holidays.
Monthly Company Gathering, Annual Christmas Party, and Company and Family Events are just some of our fun events.
What's Great About Working For Gunwerks?
At Gunwerks I have a name, not a number. I'm treated as family with the ability to contribute -- not just exist.
Jim Turner, Machining Manager
Gunwerks has provided me with a unique opportunity to expand my knowledge base and pursue personal interests that were previously beyond my reach.
Dan Brunko, Process & Quality Machinist
I love working with a friendly and knowledgeable crew who are great to work with and learn from.
Logan Moore, Engineering Technician
Gunwerks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.